Shamwari Explorer Camp
Indulge yourself in the heart of nature in an authentic African bush experience at Shamwari Explorer Camp. Expert guides will guide you along extraordinary wild landscapes during a 2-night walking safari expedition. This incredible experience allows you stay in one of 3 luxury tents in a magical bush setting completely off the grid. Here, Mother Nature hosts you in a haven of complete wonder and tranquillity.
The exclusive 5-star Shamwari Private Game Reserve is conveniently situated only 45-minutes’ drive from Port Elizabeth. The private game reserve boasts 7000 hectares of captivating landscapes over 5 of South Africa’s 8 biomes. The rich and diverse vegetation makes the local environment an ideal habitat for varied wildlife and an impressive selection of birdlife.
Walking safaris are led by passionate and highly experienced game rangers offering you a wealth of information and an excellent chance to see and photograph a variety of fauna and flora. Your 2-night stay at Shamwari’s riveting Explorer Camp affords you a luxury tented sleepout in the bush, yet without forgoing any basic comforts.
Tents are mindfully set out providing guests with ample privacy. Each of the three luxury tents feature an en-suite bathroom with shower, LED light for night-time and thoughtful amenities such as insect repellent, shower gel, and shampoo.
The camp set-up also comprises an incredible timber viewing deck, plunge pool, and dining lounge all integrated into the natural surrounds for a full immersion into the wild at all times.
While the days are spent exploring the intricacies of the bush and its wild mysteries, afternoons can be spent cooling off in natural pool setting and evenings are a romantic delight of campfires, starry skies, and culinary feasts.
Shamwari Game Reserve lies 60 minutes from Port Elizabeth or 9 hours from Cape Town by car. Either departure point will require you to drive along the scenic N2 highway. Driving from Cape Town is a picturesque journey through the Garden Route for 815km after which you will turn to reach the reserve entrance.
Flights are available from Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Durban to Port Elizabeth airport.
- Cape Town to Port Elizabeth: 1hr10
- Johannesburg to Port Elizabeth: 1hr35
- Durban to Port Elizabeth: 1hr20
Shamwari Private Game Reserve, South Africa
- Breakfast is served before departing for the days hiking expedition with expert guides
- Break for lunch and scenic rest stops
- Afternoons can be spent relaxing at the pool side or sipping cocktails on the viewing deck
- Evenings are a culinary celebration of fireside dining and stargazing
|Peak season||High Season|
|R5600 pp, per night||R4900 pp, per night|
T's & C's
- Includes tented accommodation, daily activities as per itinerary, all meals, and select local beverages.
- Excludes transfers to and from Shamwari Game Reserve, items of personal nature, and gratuities.
- Suitable for guests 16 – 65 years
The Adventure Begins!
Have any questions? Contact us or book now!