The Top Circuit hike takes you around Table Top Mountain’s iconic plateau. We will take the cable car up and down on this hike.
This is a great way of exploring the plateau on Table Top Mountain for those who don’t want to hike up the mountain. This hiking tour gives you a great understanding of Table Mountain and its surrounding areas. This is an easy and level route starting off on footpaths and combines with a single rock path. There are a few steps down a rock face with a chain handrail for assistance.
We will begin our hike from the upper cable car station on the summit. The Top Circuit hike takes you to the best viewing points that Table Mountain has to offer. The views are endless from the top of Table Mountain, and on a clear day, you will see for miles. Here you will see Cape Town from all angles, as a guide points out the attractions and landmarks of the surrounding areas and mountain ranges. Really putting the ‘Cape’ into perspective.
Then, we will venture a little off the plateau away from the common tourist route, and see what Table Mountain and its hiking routes are all about. Here the route fills up with varieties of Table Mountain’s unique fynbos as we explore towards the 12 Apostles, across the summits of popular Table Mountain hiking routes.
The Top Circuit hike isn’t complete until we have been to the highest point of Cape Peninsula. We take a trip to Maclear’s Beacon, a stone cairn sitting at 1086m above sea level. It was built in 1965 and today it is a popular Table Mountain Landmark. We will then head back to the upper cable car station and take the cable car back down. Lengthier options are available for the more adventurous and experienced hikers.
Best Time To Hike
This route can be hiked at any time of day. It is best started early morning to avoid queues or later in the evenings to catch the sunset behind the Atlantic Ocean.
From Our Hiking Adventures
- We start our hikes at 06:30 – 07:30 am.
- Our guide will be at the meeting point waiting for you.
- We take the cable car up.
- The hike takes less than 3 hours to complete.
- Time spent at the top after the hike is up to you.
- We take the cable car down.
Meeting and Parking
- Meet at the lower cable car station.
- It is situated on Tafelberg road and there is parking alongside the road.
Tafelberg Rd, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
T's & C's
- Prices exclude cable car tickets down which can be bought at the top after the hike.
- Group hikes stay small and we only pair up if fitness levels and expectations match.
|Group hike||Private hike|
|R850 per person||R1250 per person|
The Adventure Begins!
Have any questions? Contact us or book now!