The full day whale watching tours in South Africa take us along the coast to one of the cutest seaside towns around, Hermanus. Here you will get up close to Southern Right whales showing off their skills as they play with their young in Walker Bay. On this tour you get to choose one of our 3 options to add to all the fun.
Our full-day whale watching tours in South Africa start when we pick you up from your Cape Town accommodation and we’ll first get to see some intriguing sights en-route to Walker Bay in Hermanus. The scenic drive to Hermanus is filled with picturesque beauty and gives you time to take in the sandy, pristine beaches, and beautiful landscapes shaping the way.
We will then arrive at the gorgeous sleepy seaside town of Hermanus. Hermanus is a beautiful place full of character and charm with its laid-back seaside villages; it comes alive with cheerful locals and tourists alike to enjoy the Hemanus whale watching splendor.
When it comes to whale watching tours in South Africa, Hermanus; you’re spoiled for choice with viewpoints located along the coast as well as an option to get closer by boat. While enjoying your whale watching tour experience, you may just get the liberty to spy on some cute dolphins and seals all living it up in the heart of the ocean.
After capturing the whale sightings and enjoying some close-by sightseeing we journey on back to Cape Town, but before we go we have a little something extra for you to enjoy:
Choose one of the 3 options below to add to the tour:
- Option 1: Wine Tasting
Little known to the outside, Hermanus is home to outstanding wine farms overlooking the bay from above. With this option, we can enjoy a wine tasting experience at an elite wine farm.
- Option 2: Botanical Gardens
If nature is your thing then a stop at the Harlod Botanical Gardens will suit you best. This botanical garden boasts a wide variety of South Africa endemic fynbos, an impressive bird habitat and is home to small mammals. Here we will stroll through the gardens, discover and take it all in.
- Option 3: African Penguin Colony
A stop-off at Betty’s Bay’s Stony Point gets you up-and-close with the local African Penguin Colony. Seeing these cute little critters in their natural habitat, carefree, splashing about in the water and leisurely sunbathing on the rocks are something not to be missed.
- Pick up from accommodation
- 1.5 hour scenic drive through the mountains and seaside towns
- Arrive at Hermanus home to the Southern Right whales
- Wonder the cliff tops and beautiful landscapes
- View an excess of 100 whales in Walker bay
- Whale watching from shore or boat
- Add (option 1) Wine tasting in Hermanus at a top wine estate
- Add (option 2) Explore incredible scenery in Harlod Botanical Gardens
- Add (option 3) Visit the Penguin colony at Stony Point
- Drop off at accommodation
Hermanus, South Africa
|1 guest||2 guests||3 guests||4 guests||5 guests||6 guests||7 guests||8 guests||9 guests||10 guests|
Certified tour guide, transport in an air-conditioned vehicle, entrance to Cape Point and national parks.
Why take a private whale watching tour
- Save time and avoid multiple accommodation stops on pick up and return transfers.
- Enjoy your own exclusive mini bus and private tour guide.
- More individual group attention.
- Tour flexibility and substitution.
- Taylor make your tour to suite your group expectations.
- Avoid the poor reliability and punctuality of other members.
Booking a tour with us is easy. Fill out the contact form and lets get started. If you are good to go just let us know and we will book you straight in, alternatively we will be back in touch in just a minute to assist you with any questions or personal requests. We are always happy to assist and love to help you plan your perfect day out with us.